Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 18th Daily Recap


“Today, after some hard work painting, we got the glorious opportunity to go snorkeling! Diving into the water I could not believe how bright, how jaw-dropping this creation was. You see pictures; you hear stories, but to be there! I just could not believe it. As my breathing began to slow, began to soften, I heard a whisper.  “I made this.” He made this! That phrase made me want to see everything. What all do you have in here Lord? I want to know your handiwork. He showed me the tiniest, brightest fish. He showed me corals – yellow, cream, pink, neon purple – all layered and cauliflower looking. At one point I felt something urging me left. What should I stumble upon, but A SEA TURTLE! AFTER God and I had these little adventures I was a good ways out in His ocean. I crawled up on a rock and I had the perfect view. The sea with its crashing waves below me. The sun, the sky, the clouds above.  Knowing of the intricate creation lying just beneath the surface. A song came to mind: “You made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in it. Your promises remain.” It had gained new meaning. Creation had gained new meaning. What I thought would be some random Hawaiian experience ended up revealing to me, more deeply, the nature of my God. He is intricate. Detail oriented. Beautiful. Bright. Beyond my comprehension. Beyond my capability to ever explore completely. “
-Esther Wanous

No comments:

Post a Comment